This guide is to help students have the easiest and best experience while completing your CTE course certification. Please follow all instructions, rules, and regulations closely.
Download a shareable .PDF copy of the Remote Student Login Instructions HERE.
Please review this article as well as the Student Login Instructions article to familiarize yourself with the remote proctoring and certification process.
Before you begin
- Certification Rules & Regulations
Before you begin
Make sure that you have completed or received the following:
Review the Knowledge Standards for your exam certification.
These standards may be used as a study guide to better prepare you for your certification experience.
From your teacher you should have received the following information:
- Exam Title:
- Exam Code:
- School District:
- Student ID:
- Certification Window (Date/Time):
What you will need to complete the exam certification:
- The information listed above from your teacher
- Check your student registration 24hrs before your certification window
- You should plan 1-2 hours to complete the certification process
- You will be given 90-minutes to complete the exam in a single sitting
- A desktop or laptop computer with an internet connection and a camera that is able to view the testing environment
- Preferred Updated Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer
- At least one form of Identification
What you DO NOT need to complete the exam certification:
- No notes, textbooks, and other study materials
- No smartwatches, earphones, translation or recording devices
- No bags, purses, or other items within the testing environment
- No Friends, classmates, or family; including those annoying little brothers or sisters
Certification Rules & Regulations:
- The testing environment should be quiet and distraction free, functional for student and proctor.
- Students must leave all preparation materials and personal effects outside of the testing area, unless specifically noted or authorized by Precision Exams. This includes but not limited to:
- Notes / Notebooks
- Electronic devices
- Earphone / Earbuds
- Translation devices
- Recording devices
- Bags, Purses, Backpacks
- A standard calculator will be provided within the exam platform for those certifications that may require it
- Only a single monitor should be used during the testing session. Any extra monitors should be turned off or place out of view of the student.
- Before beginning the testing process, all Web browsers must be closed and restarted.
- Students may NOT access any unauthorized computer programs before, during or after the testing session.
- Teachers, family members, other students, etc. shall NOT supervise the student in any aspect of the testing process.
- Talking is not permitted during the testing process.
- No assistance may be provided to students regarding any exam content.
- Students may NOT leave the room during the testing process, except in required circumstances; if the proctor determines there is a required circumstance, the proctor must ensure the student does not take any testing or preparation material with them.
- Only students with a declared and properly authorized IEP, IRP, 504, LEP, or ELL document may request special accommodations from YouScience Precision Exams.