Use this checklist to prepare for your YouScience implementation.
Get a PDF version.
Prepare yourself and your teams
- Accept the invitation from YouScience to be your school’s admin — check your junk/spam folder if needed.
- Take the YouScience brain games yourself and explore your results.
- Invite involved faculty and staff to the YouScience Discovery solution to let them take their own brain games and manage groups. There are 3 different options to do this:
- Group manager access lets staff invite new students and manage accounts to one or more specified group(s) on your school's account.
- Account admin access lets staff create groups, add other admin/manager users, invite new students, and manage accounts for all groups on the school's account.
- Brain games only — no administrative access:
- If you have an educator in your building who wants to try the brain games but doesn’t need to manage student accounts, send them to youscience.com/request for a free account.
- View a training webinar — find more training videos.
- Review the YouScience Help Center — can also be found on your YouScience account homepage or using the “Support” link on the YouScience website.
- Submit the Technical requirements checklist to your school’s IT department.
Prepare your students
- Ensure students taking YouScience have valid email addresses.
- Create new groups and bulk invite students. There are two ways to
create student groups:
- Invite students to take YouScience — Once you have created groups, choose how you plan to get students started. Follow one of the steps below:
Implement YouScience Discovery
- Have students watch the introduction to YouScience video: 15–20 minutes and review kick-off materials.
- Have students take the brain games: 60 minutes for Snapshot, 90 minutes for Summit.
- It’s not recommended to take these in one sitting. Students can log in and out between each exercise to accommodate any time period.
- Walk-through results with your students: 20–30 minutes.