To download this checklist, click here.
Discovery Technical Requirements
To ensure YouScience runs smoothly at your school, connect with your school’s Information Technology team to set up the following:
School bandwidth requirements
- You’ll need a stable, high-speed internet connection.
- If you are using a wireless connection, please take precautions that your connection will not intermittently drop and reconnect during testing.
- Mobile and tablet devices are not suitable.
- All participating students MUST have a working email address.
- Whitelist the youscience.com domain with a wildcard to support youscience.com services by adding *.youscience.com to your firewall.
- Ensure that your students’ email accounts will accept an email invitation from YouScience. Verify with your IT department that email addresses provided by the school can receive emails from email@example.com
- Ensure the Chat feature (blue bubble in the lower right corner of the screen) is functional on a computer with the same security and privacy setting as the student/user.
- Ensure that all student computers meet the minimum browser requirements:
- Chrome 60.0+ - recommended browser
- Safari 10.0+
- Firefox 55.0+
- Assessments must be completed on a desktop or laptop computer.
- Assessments cannot be completed on tablets.
- However, results may be viewed on tablets.
- Set up presenter computer, projector, and screen or monitor.
- Set up presenter view in Powerpoint. Test on the computer & projector before your presentation. Monitor and mirroring settings might need to be set.
- For more details: What is Presenter view?