This is a compilation of different approaches to communicating with students. It is to provide verbiage for your own communications to students & clients. This is not to be used in its entirety.
YouScience Information for Student Emails
- YouScience is dedicated to helping you answer questions that haunt students everywhere: “What should I major in?”, “What would I succeed in?”, “What do I want to do?”
- You are about to embark on an amazing journey of self-discovery. You’ll learn about how you think, how you process information and where you naturally excel. This is the first step on your path to answering these questions and more.
- The YouScience Profile is designed to help you leverage your aptitudes, those natural abilities you were born with. The YouScience Profile is the only online platform that measures aptitudes and interests and then matches them to majors and careers that fit you best. Knowing your aptitudes empowers you to make some of life’s biggest decisions confidently!
- Get actionable insight and information for choosing colleges, majors and careers – all in a breakthrough online solution. Accurately evaluate aptitudes and interests in minutes with our online assessment feedback. The unparalleled career and majors matching shows the world of opportunity through the unique lens of strengths and abilities, complete with all the information needed to chart a path to success. There’s never been a better resource for providing clear guidance and instilling long-lasting confidence.
- The online, scientific program will take you through a series of assessments and interest questions, designed to determine their results in the 14 key aptitudes utilized in the working world. The results include a review of your personal strengths, suggested environments where you will succeed, detailed information on possible careers that match your skills and interests, majors that map to those careers, and much more.
- Based on the science behind the YouScience Profile and our preliminary review of the program, we believe that this will help you make a more informed decision when it comes to major and career-related choices. This could translate into a more time-efficient, cost-effective and enjoyable journey through the college years, as well as helping you make better initial career choices.
- If you’d like to get started, think about what you’d like to major in, and what career you see yourself in. Then ask yourself: Why did you choose that major? Why did you pick that career? What topics do people in that major learn about? What ways of thinking are valued in that major? What do people in that career actually do everyday? What is unique about you (your strengths, your personality) that will help you be successful in that major or career? Your YouScience Profile results will give you insights about yourself and majors and careers. You’ll be able to answer these questions in more depth and detail after you’ve reviewed your YouScience Profile.
- Your results will be available 24 hours after you complete the last assessment.
- Where you’re strongest is where you’ll be the happiest – the YouScience Profile can help you find both!
For Students completing the YouScience Assessment on their own:
Here’s What to Expect:
- The assessment takes about 2 ½ hours to complete if you take the Core Assessment and the 2 Amplifier Assessments. There are 16 separate exercises, and most take 5-12 minutes to complete. The best time to take the assessment is when you are well rested so if you’ve had a long day, wait until tomorrow. If you choose to take only the Core Assessment the assessment time is reduced to 1 ½ hours.
- Make sure you’re in a quiet, comfortable place where you won’t be distracted by television, music, pets, or your cell phone. Please tell anyone who may be around you that you need quiet and privacy.
- For your results to be accurate, you’ll need to provide your honest effort – no calculators or cheats! Do the best you can.
- Some exercises will come easy; others may be difficult or even frustrating. Knowing what’s hard is just as important as knowing what comes naturally.
- To help you pace yourself we built in 10-minute breaks after some of the exercises. Take advantage of those breaks. You deserve them! It is even okay if you need to come back and finish the next day.
- Please make sure you don’t press the back button or close your browser during an active exercise. If you need extra breaks, take them in between exercises.
- Make sure you read the directions completely before beginning each exercise.
- Use a desktop or laptop computer only. The YouScience Profile cannot be taken on a mobile or tablet device.
- Use one of the following browsers: Safari 7.0 or above, Firefox 38.0 or above, Chrome 42.0 or above, Internet Explorer 10 or above.
- Use a stable, high-speed Internet connection.
- If you’re using a wireless connection, please take precautions that your connection will not be interrupted during testing, as technical difficulties can decrease the accuracy of the results.